Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 241 - Leaning

What is with portraiture and leaning against walls? I don't think there is a photographer out there who hasn't taken a shot similar to this. I was really in the mood to shoot a portrait like this, well really in any way, but this is the first that happened upon itself. Anyway, just a quick shot I took while driving around scouting locations for a few future shoots and I found this wooden wall which seemed like a good leaner wall. This was also the first time I attempted to use my flash as a filler rather than a main source of light. The original image made my right side very dark because of the sun, but with the flash dialed down 2 on ETTL mode, it filled it in rather nicely.

Camera: Canon 40D | 50mm f/1.4 | 50mm @ f/4 | ISO 100 | 1/500 sec

Strobist Info: 430EXII attached to top of camera | ETTL -2 | 4 feet from subject


Day 241 - Leaning, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.

No comments:

Post a Comment