Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 235 - Yo Yo

I saw a video online the other day of the world champion Yo-Yo-er (sp?). It made me want to get out my Yo-Yo again and see what all I could remember...lets just say it was nothing compared to what he did. Anyway, because of this video I got the idea to try and capture the Yo-Yo while I was doing a forward pass with it. So I set up my camera and added the flash, then took out another tripod of mine to set up in the area that I thought the Yo-Yo would end up at the end of the string. After a few practice throws I started snapping pictures using a 10 second timer.

It took just under 20 takes to get two decent shots where it appeared frozen in time. The reason I picked this one is because you can see the string still a little loose just below to the right of the Yo-Yo. I thought that added a little more to the photo. It would be really cool to get to try some super high speed shots with a really good Yo-Yo-er, just to see what those look like.

Camera: Canon 40D | 50mm f/2.8 | 50mm @ f/4 | ISO 320 | 1/60 sec

Strobist Info: 430EXII attached to top of camera | ETTL w/ Zoom 60ft | 1 feet from subject


Day 235 - Yo Yo, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.

No comments:

Post a Comment