Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 236 - Lit Bed

So day two of trying out my off camera flash. I wanted to try this out last night after I took my other photo, but it was to late and I would have had to find a dark enough location to do so. While driving around tonight I found a fairly dark spot, that I knew would not show background lights at a high enough shutter speed. So I set up my flash in the back right of my truck bed and set the camera to a 10 second delay. I think it came out pretty well, especially for a bare flash aiming straight at me.

I also want to apologize for the lack of real emotion in yesterdays shot. I look like I should be telling a scary story, rather than showing off my flash. Well on to think of newer and better ideas for tomorrow!

Camera: Canon 40D | 17-85mm f/4 | 24mm @ f/4 | ISO 100 | 1/25 sec

Strobist Info: Canon 430EX II @ 1/4 - 24mm | 5ft from subject in opposite corner of truck bed | Triggered via Cactus V4


Day 236 - Lit Bed, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.

No comments:

Post a Comment