Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 184 - The Summer Solstice

Today is the first day of summer and by how hot it was outside when I took this shot I will totally agree. Actually, I would not say it was hot, more humid. When I got back from riding around I checked the temperature, it was only 87. The humidity actually knocked that up a good 10 degree's to the point it felt like it was midday, even though I was under this shady tree. I really wanted to wait until the last bit of sun was going down to take this shot, just to see how late it would get. It was just about 8:30 when I took this shot and I think it turned out well.

Oh, I also got a Canon 430EX II for my birthday. An external flash is something that I have had my eye on for quite some time. So today I took it out with me to give it a go for the first time. This means I finally get to add strobist information to my post!

Camera: Canon 40D | 17-85mm f/4.0 | 17mm @ f/8.0 | ISO 200 | 1/25 sec

Strobist Info: Canon 430EX II @ 1/2 power | mounted on camera | 10ft from subject


Day 184 - The Summer Solstice, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.

No comments:

Post a Comment