Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 173 - USA vs England

Well, today the United States started their 2010 World Cup by playing our rival across the "pond" England. It was a rough start, with England getting a 1 to 0 lead within the fourth minute of the game. I am not going to lie, that early goal was very disappointing to me and frustrated me quite a bit. Luckily we were able to equalize it before the half and hold England off the rest of the game.

Quite a few people have asked me how I feel with a draw and honestly I think its great for USA going into the next two games. England is a fantastic football club and we were able to hold them off for 86 minutes after their first goal. It will help with momentum going into our next game on Friday.

For this photo, it is actually a montage of two pictures I put together using Photoshop. I had originally wanted to use my face for this and make it look like it had been painted, but I wasn't able to get a shot of myself to use for that. So instead I snapped a quick shot of my hand giving a thumbs up and map the American flag with it to help give the impression of it being painted on. Enjoy!


Day 173 - USA vs England, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.

No comments:

Post a Comment