Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What eye do you photograph with?

I was browsing around my favorite photo blogs when an article caught my eye. What eye do you use to look through your view finder in order to take a photograph? Well according to Digital Photography School, a majority of their readers use their right eye apposed to using their left. They surveyed over 13,000 of their readers (one of which was me!) and a whopping 57% said that they use their right eye to photograph, while only 37% used their left eye, and 7% were prone to using both.

Now for myself, I actually use my left eye a good 99.9% of the time when I am photographing. Once I really got to thinking about it, I thought in my head that it would be my right. I am right handed at just about everything I do, the few times I shot a gun it was aimed using my right eye, but with photography my left seems to have taken over.

Now with sports, especially fast paced ones such as football, I will actually keep both eyes open. My left will be going through the viewfinder, while my right is looking around to make sure I am not about to get ran over.

What do you think about all this? Are you with the majority and photograph with your right eye or are you in the minority and use just the left? Let me know I am very curious to see what other people think of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment