Sunday, January 29, 2012

5/52 - Grandpa Griffith

As many might know, I went to Houston this weekend to take care of a few things for my upcoming wedding. While in town, I met up with my grandparents and asked my Grandpa if I could take his portrait for my project this week.

I really was not quite sure where I wanted to take the picture, but decided to just let him sit in his chair on their porch to keep him as comfortable and natural as possible. He is quite the character and the little smirk he has in this picture I feel represents his personality really well.

What was nice about this set up is the sun provided an awesome back light while I brought my 60in umbrella about 3 feet from him and set it at 1/16th power to allow just enough light to get him off the background.

I am really happy with how this one turned out and even though I tried to put more negative space in the other shots, I felt this helped keep the background as blown out as possible.


5/52 - Grandpa Griffith, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.

No comments:

Post a Comment