Monday, January 16, 2012

3/52 - Carolyn

First off, I would like to thank my soon to be sister-in-law, (still sounds weird to say that) for stepping in front of my camera and letting me take her picture.

I knew going into this photo that I wanted it to be black & white, and minimal, but other than that it was a toss up. I started out trying to get a solid white background, but with a single flash and my Cactus triggers failing on me every other shot, it made it quite difficult. I made a few adjustments to my flashes location and took a test shot. Something close to the 50% grey you see above is what I got. I really liked it so decided to keep going with it.

I still seem to have trouble communicating with my models during a shoot. Hopefully that is something that I am able to work on throughout this year and eventually get super comfortable with.


3/52 - Carolyn, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.

No comments:

Post a Comment