Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 247 - Guitar from up top

I am going to admit...it is getting really hard to stay on top of this 365. Even now, I think I am actually two days behind and I really need to catch up. Ideas are starting to run low, which is one reason I think it is getting hard to do...actually thats the only reason. Anyway, I wanted to try something a little different and go for a semi-extreme angle. I set my camera up on my tripod as high as it would go. I then found three bar-stools from my house and put the tripod on top of that. Overall I think the camera was about 10 feet in the air...it made me very nervous.

I had it set to manual mode at 1/250 of a second with my flash mounted up top at ETTL -1 @ 24mm. The camera was also set to f/22, which is extremely high for something I would normally do, but it seemed to get the lighting just how I wanted it and I think the final product turned out pretty good. Not bad for a 15 minute photo shoot is it?

Camera: Canon 40D | 17-85mm | 17mm @ f/22 | ISO 100 | 1/250 sec

Strobist Info: 430EXII mounted on Camera 1 foot from subject | ETTL -1 @ 24mm


Day 247 - Guitar from up top, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.

No comments:

Post a Comment