Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 207 - Shoot from the Hip

You remember how I said my 40D was broken? Well, to help me ease the pain I rented a Canon 7D and an 18-35mm f/2.8 L from rentglass.com. The 7D is by far the best camera I have ever used and really have not been able to put it down since I received it earlier today. I will be sure to post some of the shots I have taken with it so far.

The 7D is so far superior to my 40D it is not even funny. Not only does it have an ISO that goes up to 6400, shoots up to 8 frames per second, 18 mega pixels, and it even has a level built into the camera! Oh, did I mention it shoots HD VIDEO!?!?! I know I have always said that video on a DSLR was something that never matters to me, but to be honest, it is pretty sweet to have on this camera. I might just have to get one for real...

I have also started to get really good with my 430EX II flash. It has really made me want to go out and start taking more and more portraits of anybody that will let me. So if your in the mood for a cheap photo shoot let me know and I will be more than happy to come shoot it.

Camera: Canon 30D | 17-85mm f/4 | 53mm @ f/5.6 | ISO 100 | 1/60 sec

Strobist Info: Canon 430EX II @ full power | mounted on camera | 3ft from subject


Day 207 - Shoot from the Hip, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.

No comments:

Post a Comment