Friday, February 10, 2012

Looking Back At What I've Learned

I don't know if I ever shared this photo back when it was taken, but I was doing some flickr house cleaning when I came across this photo. It made me think just how much I have changed as a photographer in just over a year.

When this was taken, August of 2012, I am not even sure if I owned an off camera flash yet [*Edit* - Yes I did, but I got it in June and it definitely did not start leaving my cameras hot shoe until at least late August], but I do know that if I retook this shot today it would be there.

Now, I am not saying this is a bad shot by any means. Well that's if you don't count his right arm getting cut off and the harsh shadows from the sun to his back. I still think it shows off just what kind of style I have and what I like to do, just fundamentally it could have been better.

Just a few thoughts I had when starting my day today.


Old Dusty Road Alternate, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.

No comments:

Post a Comment