Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Ordinance of James

Well, as some may know, this weekend I went to Austin to attend the wedding of my life-long cousin Brandon and his new wife Lindsay. The wedding took place just outside of Austin, at a little western styled town, specifically for events such as this. Anyway, back to the reason you peek at my blog in the first place, the photos of the weekend! Well, I am sad to say this shot is the only one I took all weekend, at least with my DSLR. Granted I had my camera at my side for a majority of the weekend, the desire to shoot was rarely there. I think I just wanted to enjoy the wedding and just take it all in, except for when I first arrived for the rehearsal.

When I first arrive to the wedding site, I was greeted by this old pickup truck. I think old rusty beat up cars are some of the most fun objects to photograph and I had been wanting to do an HDR of one for a while. Alas, as I was setting up this shot, I was shocked to find that I had forgotten my tripod mounting plate. If you have ever shot HDR photos, then you know that a tripod is a must. I gave it my best hand-held shot, but in the end it just wasn't sharp enough with all three shots. So i went ahead and used the middle ground shot to create my HDR. I think it turned out quite nicely, but now I wish I would have taken more while I was there.

P.S. I would like to thank my friend Matt for helping me name this photograph as well. THANKS MATT!


The Ordinance of James, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.

No comments:

Post a Comment