Sunday, March 6, 2011

Coconut Cream Pie

During my most recent trip to Austin, which happened to fall just after my brothers birthday, Catherine baked him a pie to celebrate it. It just so happened to be his favorite pie in the whole world, a coconut cream pie. This was interesting to him for the main reason that he had never had a cream topping on it before, just a meringue topping. I think it came off as a huge success, especially since we decided to double the ingredients for the whipped topping!

I have been trying to convince Catherine that she should start her own food/cooking blog, I think it would be a fun way to share all of the great treats that she makes for me! But until that happens, I just wanted to share with you the results with a couple of my favorite photos that I took of the finished pie.


Coconut Cream Pie #1, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.



Coconut Cream Pie #2, originally uploaded by griffithgreg.


Just in case you are curious, the recipe is based on one that can be found here:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Coconut-Cream-Pie-107115 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment